[Mimedefang] dccproc of dccifd?

Ken Menzel kenlist at icarz.com
Fri Dec 8 10:01:59 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Yizhar Hurwitz" <yizhar at mail.com>
To: <mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com>
Sent: Friday, December 08, 2006 9:14 AM
Subject: Re: [Mimedefang] dccproc of dccifd?

>> Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 13:03:15 -0800
>> From: Kelsey Cummings <kgc at corp.sonic.net>
>> You really want to use dccifd.  It is much faster.
>>
> Can you help me find the exact "how-to" instructions?
> I did try to read "man dccifd" and "man Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf",
> but didn't find the exact instructions how to do it, what to put in
> sa-mimedefang.cf,
> etc.
>
> Thanks,
> Yizhar Hurwitz
http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.1.x/doc/

More specifically
http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.1.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Plugin_DCC.html

My config includes in init.pre
# DCC - perform dcc check
#
loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC

and local.cf includes
use_dcc 1
dcc_timeout 10
dcc_path /usr/local/bin/dccproc
dcc_home /usr/local/dcc
dcc_dccifd_path /usr/local/dcc/dccifd
#dcc_options
#dccifd_options

Hope this example helps,  of course you need to start the daemon and
validate all is working with spamassassin --lint
geordi# spamassassin --lint
[4256] warn: config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line,
"/usr/local/dcc/dccifd" is not valid for "dcc_dccifd_path", skipping:
dcc_dccifd_path /usr/local/dcc/dccifd
[4256] warn: lint: 1 issues detected, please rerun with debug enabled
for more information

This shows a properly configured spamassasin with dccifd not running.

Ken