[Mimedefang] sa-update

Jan-Pieter Cornet johnpc at xs4all.nl
Thu Dec 7 06:59:06 EST 2006

On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 10:11:41AM +0000, Paul Murphy wrote:
> >I'm about to start down the path of learning sa-update and using it with
> >MIMEDefang.  Does anyone have any special tips, warnings, or even
> >how-to's, for how to use it with MIMEDefang?
[...]
> The new rules will be in /var/lib/spamassassin/<version>, or whatever
> your local state dir point to, e.g. mine contains:
>
> mail2 /home/defang> cd /var/lib/spamassassin/
>
> mail2 lib/spamassassin> ls 3.001007/
> updates_spamassassin_org  updates_spamassassin_org.cf  updates_spamassassin_org.pre
>
> mail2 lib/spamassassin> ls 3.001007/updates_spamassassin_org
> 10_misc.cf             20_phrases.cf        25_hashcash.cf  30_text_pt_br.cf
[...]

... that reminds me, sa-update OVERRIDES all of your current *.cf
files. So if you made any local changes to, say,
/usr/share/spamassassin/10_misc.cf to define the report format,
those changes will be lost.

You should only ever make changes to your "site-specific" files, like
local.cf, or sa-mimedefang.cf in case of mimedefang.

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <johnpc at xs4all.nl>
!! Disclamer: The addressee of this email is not the intended recipient. !!