[Mimedefang] sa-update

John Rudd john at rudd.cc
Thu Dec 7 06:24:06 EST 2006

Paul Murphy wrote:
> John,
>
>> I'm about to start down the path of learning sa-update and using it with
>> MIMEDefang.  Does anyone have any special tips, warnings, or even
>> how-to's, for how to use it with MIMEDefang?
>
> Ensure that either you are using a version of SpamAssassin greater than 3.1.4, or you have applied the fix to include the SpamAssassin LOCAL_STATE_DIR in your filter - see http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2006-April/030092.html

Thanks!  I'll give that a look tomorrow when I start to actually tackle
this next sub-project.

> The best sign that this is working appears to be the TVD_* rules, which aren't present in RDJ or the SA base set, but which trigger regularly on my spam-laden traffic.

Does the base sa-update contain any of the RDJ rules?  I seem to recall
that there was noise about making the less-controversial RDJ rules
available via an sa-update channel... I was thinking about incorporating
that, as well.

(I feel like I'm asking such newbie questions... )