[Mimedefang] $RelayHostname not matchingsendmail's Receivedheader?

John Rudd john at rudd.cc
Thu Dec 7 06:16:53 EST 2006

Jan-Pieter Cornet wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 11:32:57AM -0800, John Rudd wrote:

> If either the HELO or
> the envelope sender domain points back at the sending IP, it is
> also allowed. Unless, of course, either of those are generic rDNS
> or [] bracketed IP constructs.

If you can make the second part work (sender's domain points back to the
sending IP), I'd be happy to incorporate it as an option to the main
code base.  I'm not sure I'd care about what the HELO string says,
though.  If it's a botnet sender, it could fake the HELO string.  But if
the sender's domain really does resolve back to that host, that's a very
good indication that we've got a real mail server sitting on a bad IP addr.

(where's the spamtools mailing list?)