[Mimedefang] Anomy::HTMLCleaner

Tilman Kastner kastner at devicen.de
Fri Aug 25 08:09:03 EDT 2006

On Thursday 24 August 2006 16:42, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
>     The following notice has existed in mimedefang-filter for quite some
> time now:
>
>         # NOTE: We consider Anomy::HTMLCleaner to be TOO BUGGY for
>         # production use.  Uncomment the next lines at your peril!
>
>      Perhaps because it Anomy::HTMLCleaner hasn't been updated in a
> while, I don't know.  But, is this still the case, and if so is there
> another solution or is it not worth looking in to?

No Problems here. The latest version of HTML Cleaner code is 1.26, dating from Jan 2006.
I have it in production at several sites.

It's called by:

if ($Features{"HTMLCleaner"}) {
    if (($type eq "text/html" || re_match_ext($entity, '^\.(htm|html)$')) && !relayIsTrusted($RelayAddr)) {
        $hash = { };
        $hash->{"Paranoid"} = 1;
        $hash->{"NoWebBugs"} = 1;
        $hash->{"tag:div"} = "p";
        anomy_clean_html($entity, $hash);
        action_accept_with_warning("HTML tags constituting a possible security hazard were deactivated");
        }
    }

I would strongly oppose removing the hook for it.

Tilman

--
Tilman Kastner            abian GmbH
Tel.: (05 11) 9 29 99 66  Deisterstrasse 81