[Mimedefang] Timeout before data read

Kayne Kruse kkruse at pointone.com
Wed Aug 23 18:14:41 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 12:56 -0400, Joseph Brennan wrote:
> I have several of these every day, as below.  This is real data except
> that addresses are munged with 'aaaaa'.

One thing to also look at is what your load average is.  Mine would
start timing out on my slower box when it had ~10 concurrent mimedefang
processes going.  Adjusting the Milter timeout like David says and a
combination of load average throttling via sendmail.mc/cf can keep those
more controlled.

So for me 10 mimedefang procs usually slammed the box to about 12 load
ave.  Throttle sendmail to 10 load average and let it try to finish
running.  Usually after 2-4 mimedefang slaves free up, things are back
to 0.

KK