[Mimedefang] Reserved Connections from Loopback

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Aug 9 08:36:45 EDT 2006

Steffen Kaiser wrote:

> SECURITY WARNING: Because this module uses os.popen(),

Ah.  I didn't realize the Mailman authors were so sloppy/careless. :-(

That's really stupid... they force you to use SMTPDirect and then don't
implement a sane retry policy.

Could you run another instance of Sendmail in queue-only mode listening
on another port, and convince Mailman to deliver via SMTP on an alternate
port?

> DUPLICATES WARNING: Using this module can cause duplicates to be
> delivered to your membership, depending on your MTA!  E.g. It is
> known that if you're using the sendmail MTA, and if a message
> contains a single dot on a line by itself, your list members will
> receive many duplicates."

Oh, that's really gross.  Someone needs to rewrite that module correctly.