[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang can't get directory for auto-whitelist file lock

Karl Boyken boyken at divms.uiowa.edu
Thu Aug 3 11:48:02 EDT 2006

Whenever we reboot our mail server, MIMEDefang always starts tossing
these errors when it comes back up:

Aug  3 10:44:21 serv07 mimedefang-multiplexor[2864]: Slave 3 stderr:
auto-whitelist: open of auto-whitelist file failed: locker: safe_lock:
cannot create lockfile //.spamassassin/auto-whitelist.mutex: No such
file or directory

But if we stop and restart MIMEDefang, the problem goes away; MIMEDefang
can then grab the home directory of the user it runs as.  Any ideas as
to why this might be happening?  We're running MIMEDefang 2.55 and
SpamAssassin 3.1.3 on RedHat Linux Advanced Server 4.

Thanks.

--
Karl Boyken, system administrator
karl-boyken at uiowa.edu
303A MLH, Dept. of Comp. Sci.
http://www.cs.uiowa.edu/~boyken/
The U. of Iowa, Iowa City, IA  52242   319-335-2730 (voice)
319-335-3668 (fax)