[Mimedefang] Re: filter_recipient questions (Jan Pieter Cornet & David Skoll)

Kelson kelson at speed.net
Fri Apr 28 16:19:47 EDT 2006

Dirk the Daring wrote:
>> That won't work, just return('REJECT', "Recipient invalid");
>
>    I was hoping I could do that. Much simpler (altho it'll also involve
> being nice enuf to the SPAMmers to give them a 5xx, and I really don't
> like being nice to them.

Think of it this way:  You're not doing it to be nice to the spammers.
You're doing it to be nice to the legit senders who misspell the
recipient's address.

Just like rejecting on spam filtering: you don't provide an error
message for the spammers' sake, you provide it for the sake of the
sender whose message triggers a false positive, so they don't think the
message went through.

--
Kelson Vibber