[Mimedefang] sa-update

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Apr 27 21:49:31 EDT 2006

John Nemeth wrote:

>      If we're looking at this, couldn't we just grab it from
> SpamAssassin directly, i.e.:

> my $LOCAL_STATE_DIR = $Mail::SpamAssassin::LOCAL_STATE_DIR; ?

Hah. :-)  Please.  You give the SpamAssassin authors way too
little credit.  They're much too devious and unforgiving to make
anything that easy.

LOCAL_STATE_DIR is set at build time, and only the actual programs
(sa-update, spamd and spamassassin) know the value.  The Perl modules
do not, so if you use SpamAssassin directly via the Perl API, you're
out of luck.

So it looks like the evil hack of grepping LOCAL_STATE_DIR out of
sa-update is the way to go. :-(