[Mimedefang] Issues w/ authenticated submission

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Tue Apr 18 19:05:03 EDT 2006

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com wrote:
> Philip Prindeville wrote:
>
>> I'm submitting from a host behind a NATed gateway, so the
>> address that my machine things it is using when it says "HELO
>> [x.x.x.x.x]" if different from that which my local server is seeing.
>>

> Hmmm... I would say if at least one of the apparent or HELO IPs is private, believe the HELO.  Special handling for 127/8.
>

>> Or else should I add logic to skip this test in mimedefang-filter
>> (for filter_helo()) when authentication is set?
>>

> That sounds like a good idea.  Sendmail sets a macro for authenticated sessions, you have to export it to the milter.
> http://www.mimedefang.com/kwiki/index.cgi?SMTPAuth

Except that read_commands_file isn't working.  I'm seeing:

Apr 18 16:26:28 mail mimedefang[11357]: Error from multiplexor: error:
Cannot open COMMANDS file from mimedefang: No such file or directory

Looks like filter_helo() gets run before envfrom() will have
been called???  envfrom() is where all the write_macro_value's
happen...

-Philip