AW: [Mimedefang] Image validator/OCR SA plugin

Martin Bene martin.bene at icomedias.com
Mon Apr 17 06:09:50 EDT 2006

Hi Martin,

> Anyone interested should keep an eye on it - it really helps
> with the image only spam we get today. But problably the spammers
> will soon change their tricks to different images which are more
> difficult to read :-(
>
> http://antispam.imp.ch/patches/patch-ocrtext

Just tried to get this to run on one of my test boxes;

* first problem, as described by Paul Murphy:  Can't locate object
method "new" via package
"Mail::SpamAssassi::Plugin::ocrtext", so I changed the package
definition.

* next problem: running spamassassin -t on a test messages give me this
output:

[5681] warn: plugin: eval failed: Can't locate object method "new" via
package "Mail::SpamAssassin::Timeout" (perhaps you forgot to load
"Mail::SpamAssassin::Timeout"?) at /etc/mail/spamassassin/ocrtext.pm
line 391.

Spamassassin version is 3.1.0, looks like I'll have to upgrade to 3.1.1
to get this to work?

Thanks, Martin