[Mimedefang] Image validator/OCR SA plugin

Paul Murphy pjm at ousekjarr.org
Sat Apr 15 12:34:20 EDT 2006

Martin,

I installed your plugin for testing, but found that it would not load
correctly on my system, giving the error:

[5631] dbg: plugin: loading Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::ocrtext from @INC
[5631] warn: plugin: failed to create instance of plugin
Mail::SpamAssassin::Pl
ugin::ocrtext: Can't locate object method "new" via package
"Mail::SpamAssassin
::Plugin::ocrtext" at (eval 28) line 1.

To solve this, I changed the package definition in ocrtext.pm to be:

package Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::ocrtext;

The distributed version has "package ocrtext;" instead, so while the plugin
is loaded from the .pm file correctly, it then can't find anything which is
registered using the fully referenced name.

Is there a test file available to demonstrate this working, or do I have to
make one myself?

Best Wishes,

Paul.