[Mimedefang] Mimedefang sometime doesn't timeout Mail::SpamAssassin::Timeout parts in SA plugins

Martin Blapp mb at imp.ch
Fri Apr 14 12:46:22 EDT 2006

Hi,

I suspect SA itself has the same problem but since I did only some tests the
problem never happened to me.

>> This Plugin works in Spamassassin, but in mimedefang sometimes some of
>> the timeouts get ignored.
>
> Does it work if you disable the embedded Perl feature?

The same problems.

> Timeouts in SpamAssassin are (to the best of my recollection) implemented
> with SIGALRM, which by itself is evidence of scariness, but I don't think
> MIMEDefang should affect SA.

> I'm not sure if this is true on FreeBSD, but maybe try implementing
> your 100-second wait with something like this:
>
>       select(undef, undef, undef, 100);

Yes the example was a bad one since I'm working in my plugin completly
with pipes so I should have made one with pipes too.

I've changed SIGTERM now to be SIGKILL, let's see it that helps.

Martin