[Mimedefang] Filter not working (properly)

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Thu Apr 13 02:43:06 EDT 2006

Alan Premselaar wrote:
> have the permissions on the directory changed at all?
> do you have any files in /var/spool/MD-Quarantine? (as opposed to
> /var/spool/MD-Quarantine/virus)

    Nope, everything's still the same.  And yes, MD is storing other
messages just fine in /var/spool/MD-Quarantine.

> I'm not sure why you set $QuarantineDir twice
    Just because I want to split the viruses from the other quarantined
messages.

> I'm assuming you've restarted sendmail and MIMEDefang as well during the
> upgrade process for sendmail but, just in case you haven't, you should.

    Multiple times.

> I would be tempted to question the clamav upgrade as a number of people
> have apparently been having problems with 0.88.1 (although I haven't had
> any at all), but it appears that it's returning the virus name properly
> so unlikely to be the cause.

    As far as I can tell, Clamav is working properly.  However, I don't
know if it's working properly with regards to MimeDefang.

> that pretty much leaves sendmail ... if you downgrade back to 8.13.5 (or
> whichever version you were using previously) does it work again?

    That, unfortunately, isn't something I can easily do.  It's worth a
try, but it'll have to wait a while.

--
H | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6