[Mimedefang] Failed to process the MS access database zip file

Mack roaringpenguin.com at bass-speaker.com
Wed Apr 12 10:45:43 EDT 2006

if you have this line

    $bad_exts = '(ade|adp|app|asd|asf|asx|bas|bat|chm|cmd|com|cpl|crt|dll|exe|fxp|hlp|hta|hto|inf|ini|ins|isp|jse?|lib|lnk|mdb|mde|msc|msi|msp|mst|ocx|pcd|pif|prg|reg|scr|sct|sh|shb|shs|sys|url|vb|vbe|vbs|vcs|vxd|wmd|wms|wmz|wsc|wsf|wsh|\{[^\}]+\})';

in your mimedefang-filter, then you will note, that .mdb is in the bad extensions list, so it would be dropped if it was sent as .mdb or as a zip containting an .mdb

If you want to permit mdb's in zip files, then you would need to change the $bad_exts variable to remove mdb (it would also then allow them unzippped as well)

Cheers

Mack