[Mimedefang] RE: Mimedefang] Sendmail issue (not sure if MD related or, not)

Doug Hubbard doug at trackmaster.com
Thu Apr 6 13:05:03 EDT 2006

To answer Josephs question about localhost, I was connecting to the
machine from my laptop and the reverse DNS is where sendmail was getting
the name (not telneting from the server itself).
I have resolved the issue (one of the two changes I made has fixed it,
but I haven't isolated which yet and want to let the flames subside
before I change one back and possibly break it again).

Change #1
I removed two DNS Black lists from my sendmail.cf (later removed from
the .mc file and rebuilt) as the sites are not responding (I suspect
this may have been the root cause of the timeouts).

Change #2
Added OK statements to my access.db for my local domain as well as my
local IP range

I am fairly certain that #1 is what corrected the issue as
1) I haven't ever needed the OKs before to eliminate delays
2) I can send as another of my domains (without the OKs) without delay
now that the changes are in place.

Sorry for the OT post and thanks for looking at it.

--

Doug Hubbard - IT Manager

This message is intended only for the use of the Addressee and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please erase all copies of the message and its attachments and notify us immediately.
Thank you!