[Mimedefang] sa-update

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Mon Apr 24 17:37:15 EDT 2006

David F. Skoll wrote:
> If anyone doesn't think SpamAssassin is an evil piece of code,
> _set_macro_LOCALSTATEDIR should remove all remaining doubts.
>
> If/when I find a general-purpose way to detect what the *@#&$&#$
> LOCAL_STATE_DIR should be set to for a given SpamAssassin
> installation, I will patch MIMEDefang to use it.

Calling spamc avoids many issues with the Perl APIs.
http://www.mimedefang.com/kwiki/index.cgi?SpamassassinSpamcSpamd

I think the added stability across version upgrades would be worth a slight performance hit.  But depending on your setup, overall performance might actually improve... making it a win/win scenario.

--
Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com               805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com       Software Engineer