[Mimedefang] Re: Difference between filter_helo and filter_relay

Mark van Proctor m.vanproctor at metech.com.au
Fri Apr 21 19:44:10 EDT 2006

Thanks, this makes perfect sense now!

So basically $RelayAddr is who they really are and $Helo is who they *say* they are...

Thanks!

BTW - I would class a locally originating email destined for a local user as INTERNAL, a locally originating email destined for a remote email address as OUTBOUND and a remotely originating email destined for a local user INBOUND (the 4th possibility of a remotely originating email destined for a remote email address is a RELAY I guess?)