[Mimedefang] Image blocking idea

Rob MacGregor rob.macgregor at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 18:28:16 EDT 2006

On 4/21/06, Paul Whittney <pwhittney at net.arrivetech.com> wrote:
> Maybe another possibility is to limit what accounts get images..
>
> I've been thinking about this, in relation to clients wanting their
> email address on their webpages (uurrgghh). If there is a info at domain
> or abuse@ postmaster@ webmaster@ (etc...), would it be worth it to
> deny connections, stating a "Please see www.mydomain.com/emailRules.html"
> in the response? As some small places have info and webmaster directed
> to their real email address.

Check the RFCs.  I'm pretty sure that at least abuse@ and postmaster@
are required to be accepted.  Auto responders etc have resulted in
(that I know of) at least one ISP finding themselves on the wrong end
of a number of RBLs (as the result is to make it almost impossible to
report spam/abuse).

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.
Rob MacGregor