[Mimedefang] Seeing a lot of these lately

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Thu Apr 20 14:29:04 EDT 2006

On 20 Apr 2006 at 8:26, Cormack, Ken wrote:

> > What version of SpamAssassin are you running?  If it's 3.1.1, you
> > might try running sa-update.  I was pleasantly surprised to see a
> > bunch of new rules in 80_additional.cf (most of them seem to start
> > with "TVD_") which detect these messages quite handily, kicking the
> > score above our reject threshold of 10.
>
> Yes, I'm running 3.1.1.  Yours is an excellent idea, Nels.  (I didn't know
> about the sa-update command).

Hm... on second glance, it would appear that SA called via MD isn't
picking up the extra rules--my testing was done with command-line
spamassassin.

As far as I can tell, SA *should* treat
/var/lib/spamassassin/[version] as a system rules directory akin to
/usr/share/spamassassin... I can't see anywhere in mimedefang.pl
where this would be overridden.

I'll have a look at the SA source and see if I can see some
difference in the rules path setup when calling Mail::SpamAssassin
directly.

----
Nels Lindquist <*>
Information Systems Manager