[Mimedefang] Bayes setup questions

Sean Kennedy skennedy at tpno-co.org
Thu Apr 13 09:37:41 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I am attempting to get bayes working under mimedefang, and I am having a
bit of a hard time figuring out exactly *how* mimedefang calls
spamassassin.  Some background:

I have spamassassin setup.  I have everything usable to the defang
user.  When I `su - defang`, I can run `spamassassin -p
/etc/mail/sa-mimedefang.cf -t < message` and get an accurate report back
WITH my bayes rules functioning.

Through normal operations of the mail server however, the bayes rules
are not used.

So what I need to know is how is spamassassin being called from
mimedefang?  Can anybody give advice on how to troubleshoot this
further?  What would be handy would be a way to run mimedefang in a
debug mode, so I get a full report back from spamassassin on every
message, as if I ran spamassassin with the -D switch.

Thank you in advance

Sean