[Mimedefang] BitDefender load average woes

Michael Lang michi+mimedefang at relay3.jackal-net.at
Wed Apr 19 14:30:24 EDT 2006

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com schrieb:
> I'm running BitDefender and ClamAV virus scanners through MIMEDefang.
>
> All of a sudden BitDefender started consuming a huge amount of CPU.  My load average shot up from under 1 to between 6 and 15.

Hi Matthew,

can you 'reproduce' this behavior ?
I've seen an even more strange CPU/Memory consuming *feature* from
Kaspersky with all currently Scanners
available which triggers your Machine into death. (5-10 Mails of 1.6MB
size required)
This DOS wasnt taken seriously from Kaspersky neither other 'Security
related' sites. Its a tiking boomb waiting there.

look for mails which cause such behavior, i will try the Kaspersky DOS
on BitDefender as soon as i get time...
Kind regards
Michael Lang