[Mimedefang] Issues w/ authenticated submission

Jeff Rife mimedefang at nabs.net
Wed Apr 19 12:49:07 EDT 2006

On 19 Apr 2006 at 8:47, Adam Lanier wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-04-19 at 08:20 -0400, David F. Skoll wrote:
>
> > So you need to do the checks in filter_sender, and filter_helo is essentially
> > useless.
> >

> Beat that dead horse, David!

To be honest, because of the fact that you can't truly reject at the
"HELO" stage, plus the existence of sub-standard SMTP state machines,
plus the fact that variables aren't available, I'm working on moving
everything that was in filter_helo/_sender/_recipient into filter_begin
at the very least (maybe "filter" itself).

At that point, I will have enough info to make really informed
decisions about what to do.

--
Jeff Rife |