[Mimedefang] Notifications to users, and message journals

Yizhar Hurwitz yizhar at mail.com
Mon Apr 17 16:16:01 EDT 2006

HI.

I'm using MD ver 2.52, on a Fedora Core 3 system, for small company
(about 20 users, low volume of emails).

I plan to install similar systems at other locations (for different
customers)

most of them to act as mail relay in front of MS Exchange servers,

some of them as stand-alone mail servers.

Everything is working fine so far, and I do the following for spam messages:

messages with score higher then 8 ==> reject.

messages with score higher then 5 ==> send to "antispam" mailbox as
described here:

How do I redirect spam to a spam maildrop? - MIMEDefang:
http://www.mimedefang.org/node.php?id=35

Now, I would like to:

1. Send a daily report to each original recipient with a log of all the
messages blocked, or at least those messages that were sent to the maildrop,

so that the user can know what was filtered.

Note: I want to continue to use a maildrop or other kind of central
quarantine and I don't want to just tag the messages and let the user
configure rules on the MUA.

2. I would also like to collect a server based log of the messages
passed through it, containing information such as:

date, time, sender, recipients, subject, size, spamscore, action taker,
and other optional info such as attachments names.

Can you recommend any scripts or software to do it.

What are you doing with spam - do you send any notification/report to
the end users in some way?

Thanks in advance for any input,

Yizhar Hurwitz

http://yizhar.mvps.org