[Mimedefang] Filter not working (properly)

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Thu Apr 13 02:04:30 EDT 2006

    Anyone have any idea why this piece of my mimedefang filter suddenly
quit working?

    if ($FoundVirus) {
        md_graphdefang_log('virus', $VirusName, $RelayAddr);
        md_syslog('warning', "Discarding because of virus $VirusName");
        $QuarantineDir = '/var/spool/MD-Quarantine/virus';
        action_quarantine_entire_message("Message quarantined because of
virus: $VirusName.");
        $QuarantineDir = '/var/spool/MD-Quarantine';
        return action_discard();
    }

    It's logging the virus message just fine, and I get the quarantined
e-mails as well, and clamav is also reporting the virus as it should in
its log file, but MD is not saving the data in
/var/spool/MD-Quarantine/virus anymore, it just stopped.  Any ideas as
to why?  The last two items that got updated were clamav (0.88.1) and
sendmail (8.13.6).  Haven't touched MD just yet, though it also needs an
update.

--
H | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6