SARE and RJD (was RE: [Mimedefang] Seeing a lot of these lately)

Roland Pope rpope at jadeworld.com
Mon Apr 10 17:20:46 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "-ray" <ray at ops.selu.edu>
> I would like to ask the list members who all uses SARE rulesets with RDJ.
> And which rule sets do you enable?  I'd like to start using them, so just
> a quick survey on which rule sets are 'no brainers, definitely you should
> use these' and which ones might be a little more iffy or questionable.
> Thanks for any info.
My Current list is:

TRUSTED_RULESETS="BOGUSVIRUS TRIPWIRE ANTIDRUG EVILNUMBERS SARE_RANDOM
SARE_SPECIFIC SARE_HEADER0 SARE_HTML0 SARE_BAYES_POISON_NXM SARE_ADULT
SARE_OEM SARE_SPOOF SARE_FRAUD SARE_STOCKS"

I fell into the trap initially when using RDJ, of putting some of the LARGE
rulesets in the list and SpamAssassin's Memory consumption went skyhigh,
bringing my gateway to it's knees.
So be warned! :)

Cheers,
Roland