[Mimedefang] Sendmail issue (not sure if MD related or not)

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Thu Apr 6 10:56:02 EDT 2006

--On Thursday, April 6, 2006 7:17 -0700 Doug Hubbard <doug at trackmaster.com>
wrote:

> 220  ESMTP
> HELO localhost
> 250 smtp.trackmaster.com Hello doughomelaptop.trackmaster.com [10.8.0.6]
> (may be forged), pleased to meet you
> MAIL FROM:<doug_AT_trackmaster.com(munged manually after the fact)>
> 250 2.1.0 <doug_AT_trackmaster.com(munged manually after the fact)>...
> Sender ok
> RCPT TO:<doug_AT_trackmaster.com(munged manually after the fact)>
>
> LOOOOONNNNNG DELAY HERE
>
> 250 2.1.5 <doug_AT_trackmaster.com(munged manually after the fact)>...
> Recipient ok

Sendmail has to check aliases, virtusertable, local users, whatever.

It would do check_rcpt rulesets here.  If you delay checks it would
do check_mail here too and I think check_relay too.  The relay there
looks funny.  Why doesn't it respond "Hello localhost [127.0.0.1]"?

If you run Mimedefang with -t, it would do do filter_recipient
instructions here.

Joseph Brennan