[Mimedefang] Greylisting with MySQL 5.0.19

Todd Aiken todd.aiken at ubishops.ca
Wed Apr 5 15:24:21 EDT 2006

Has anybody who is using Greylisting with MySQL tried version 5.0.19?  I
upgraded my system last night to that version, and it broke MIMEDefang,
filling my logs with the following entry:

mimedefang-multiplexor[2162]: Slave 1 stderr: Transactions not supported
by database at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/i486-linux/DBI.pm line
664. Compilation failed in require at /etc/mail/mimedefang-filter line
183. Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/bin/mimedefang.pl line
5008.

Tried reinstalling MIMEDefang, SpamAssassin, as well as some of my perl
modules, but could not get things working.  Finally, I tried downgrading
MySQL back to version 5.0.18, and everything is fine again.

Mind you, this is on a box tht runs Slackware-current, so it might have
been a problem with the latest Slackware package build that I used.

CU L8R...

Todd A. Aiken
Systems Analyst - Administrator
ITS Department
BISHOP'S UNIVERSITY
Lennoxville, Quebec, CANADA

HTML in email is like putting an air conditioner on a motorcycle.