[Mimedefang] Help with bouncing e-mails to group of users

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Fri Sep 30 11:32:37 EDT 2005

Ken McKinlay wrote:
> I am hoping for either a simple sendmail or Mimedefang solution for a
> group of invalid addresses being used for joe-jobs. It appears that
> one of our e-mail addresses is sort of being used as the base of the
> "from" address in spam. The user component of the address is in the
> format of "jdow????", where the "?"s are a series of random letters.
> To populate an access.db file for sendmail to deny all the possible
> combinations just for that one example would need more than 450,000
> entries.

Allow me to ask a stupid question.

Why aren't you rejecting ALL invalid addresses?  There are various more-or-less easy ways to do this, and it should cut down greatly on the number of bounce messages you have to generate... many of which are probably joe-jobs themselves.

--
Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com               805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com       Software Engineer