[Mimedefang] Routing based on subject

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu Sep 29 13:48:44 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 10:57, David F. Skoll wrote:
> Joseph Brennan wrote:
>
> > Has anyone here been asked to do this and found a nice method, or
> > found it to be unworkable for that matter?
>
> There's no pleasant way to do this from MIMEDefang.  The best way I can
> think of is to remove the original recipients and add new recipients,
> changing only the domain part to "@special-server.mydomain.net" and
> having that special server deal with it.
>
> Eg:  Mail for "dfs at roaringpenguin.com" could be rerouted to
> "dfs at bigbrother.roaringpenguin.com", and the bigbrother MX host
> would do whatever's required.

Speaking of special handling like that...  Is there a generic way to
hold things like that for human review/intervention?  That is,
suppose you want to manually choose to delete or process everything
sent to anyone at bigbrother.roaringpenguin.com (and by process, I
mean send to the original recipients, so resending would have to
be done in a way that did not lose them).  One use for this is
stuff sent to big internal lists or trouble-ticketing systems. I
don't trust spam-scoring to always get customer-service type
emails right, but I'd like to avoid letting any spam through when
it will annoy a large list of people or go into a database to be
kept forever.  I have some mailman-based lists set to hold messages
with high spam-score headers for approval, but I'd like the same for
some other things.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com