[Mimedefang] SA network tests with MIMEDefang 2.53

Jason Englander jason at englanders.cc
Thu Sep 29 10:17:22 EDT 2005

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Rikard.Elofsson at ninetechgruppen.se wrote:

> I'm using MIMEDefang 2.45 with SA 3.1.0 and everything, including Razor,
> Pyzor, DCC, DSNBL etc works as it should. When I upgrade MIMEDefang to 2.53
> all network tests seems to stop. No spam is marked with the network tests
> and nothing is logged in the Razor log.
>
> I use the same config files etc, just switch version of MIMEDefang. I can't
> find anything in the documentation or changelog to explain this, does
> anyone know why this is happening?

At the top of the ChangeLog:

WARNING: Before upgrading MIMEDefang, please search this file for
*** NOTE INCOMPATIBILITY ** to see if anything has changed that might
affect your filter.

Then the first occurance of that, just above where 2.51 was released:

         *** NOTE INCOMPATIBILITY ***

         You *MUST* call detect_and_load_perl_modules() inside your filter
         before you can rely on the %Features hash being set correctly,
         and before you can rely on SpamAssassin being loaded!!!

So, my guess would be that you're missing the call to
detect_and_load_perl_modules() in your filter.  See
examples/suggested-minimum-filter-for-windows-clients for an example of
where to put it.

   Jason

--
Jason Englander <jason at englanders.cc>
394F 7E02 C105 7268 777A  3F5A 0AC0 C618 0675 80CA