[Mimedefang] Milter (mimedefang): init failed to open

Carlos A. Carnero Delgado carloscarnero at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 12:44:24 EDT 2005

Hi,

> Version of MD?  Version of SA?

Sendmail is 8.13.3, MD is 2.53 and SA 3.04.

I'm starting mimedefang-multiplexor like this:

mimedefang-multiplexor -U _defang -x 10 -s
/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock -p
/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.pid -l

(of course, I created user _defang and group _defang.)

The Sendmail configuration line is this
INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang',
`S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, T=S:5m;R:5m')

> You may want to look in the list archive BTW.  This *has*
> been answered before (as a quick search shows :>).

I know, but, AFAICT, people that reported this have a mismatch
regarding the name and location of the socket file.

Thanks a lot,
Carlos.