[Mimedefang] Slave in killed status after SA 3.1

Marc Harding mharding at ecwebworks.com
Thu Sep 22 12:00:01 EDT 2005

Hi,

I installed Spamassassin 3.1 this morning and since I have been having some
slave problems not closing properly, no problems before this change.  It
seems the only way I can fix MIMEDefang is be restarting the service.  This
is an older server (RedHat 9) but I am using 2.53.  Here is the last
relevant message from the server:

Sep 22 11:42:43 mail mimedefang-multiplexor[1467]: Slave 0 (pid 1492) taking
too long to exit; sending SIGTERM
Sep 22 11:42:53 mail mimedefang-multiplexor[1467]: Slave 0 (pid 1492) taking
way too long to exit; sending SIGKILL

I am not sure what other information you require.  Please let me know if you
have any ideas.

Regards,

Marc Harding.