[Mimedefang] strange spam coming in

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Wed Sep 21 12:53:09 EDT 2005

Fernando wrote:
> Yes, I'm using SURBL but it won't help me in this case because the
> image is embedded in the mail, there is no URL in there.

That makes a difference...

> Blocking emails with images in them is not an option, because
> management and some users get legitimate mail with embedded images.
>
> I think the most viable solution for now is to build a whitelist of
> legitimate senders of email with images and block everything else.

Is it feasible to take a message with inline images and change it to have attached images instead?  That could reduce the immediacy of the spam.

--
Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com               805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com       Software Engineer