[Mimedefang] strange spam coming in

Fernando Gleiser fgleiser at cactus.fi.uba.ar
Wed Sep 21 12:29:37 EDT 2005

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 WBrown at e1b.org wrote:

> mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com wrote on 09/20/2005 03:58:35
> PM:
>
>> I'll dig into message's the html code to see if there's something I can
> use.
>
> Are you using SURBL?  It can help alot if they point to the same URL(s)
> for the spamvertised items.

Yes, I'm using SURBL but it won't help me in this case because the image is
embedded in the mail, there is no URL in there.

Blocking emails with images in them is not an option, because management
and some users get legitimate mail with embedded images.

I think the most viable solution for now is to build a whitelist of
legitimate senders of email with images and block everything else.

 			Fer