[Mimedefang] filter by final recipient

Dave O'Neill dmo at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Sep 21 12:23:24 EDT 2005

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 12:15:25PM -0400, Joseph Brennan wrote:
> The interesting thing is that sendmail seems to have done this lookup
> before calling milter.  It says User unknown at RCPT, but Mimedefang
> gets to milter the message after DATA.

Yep.  Sendmail passes all the addresses on to the milter, valid and
invalid.  For more details, see this thread in comp.mail.sendmail:

   http://groups.google.com/group/comp.mail.sendmail/browse_frm/thread/b595bee5991420a

> Am I mistaken?  Does Mimedefang know the recipient after aliases have
> been expanded?

Not unless you do alias expansion in your filter.  MIMEDefang gets
whatever was provided in the RCPT TO, even if Sendmail says it's
invalid.

Dave
--
Dave O'Neill <dmo at roaringpenguin.com>    Roaring Penguin Software Inc.