[Mimedefang] mail server performence declain

Mack roaringpenguin.com at bass-speaker.com
Mon Sep 19 12:33:39 EDT 2005

I'll repost this, as it may help

It may be worth you checking your milter code for timing issues, as
optimising the milter can make big differences

if you import Time Hi-Res

use Time::HiRes qw( usleep ualarm gettimeofday tv_interval );

and then at the start of each sub within the filter do

sub filter_xxx ($) {
my $t0 = [gettimeofday];

Your Code
and then at the end of the sub

my $elapsed = tv_interval ( $t0, [gettimeofday]);
md_syslog('warning',"TC : filter_xxx  : $elapsed");
}

you will be able to get an idea if things are taking a little long, and thus
slowing performance down dramtically and enabling you to make changes to
your mimedefang-filter accordingly