[Mimedefang] Rejecting some recipients

alan premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Thu Sep 15 18:20:04 EDT 2005

Jeff Grossman wrote:
[snip]

> Sorry for the run on message before.  I have MIMEDefang set up with the
> md_check_against_smtp_server setting.  So, it checks my server first to see
> if the address is valid or not.  So, do you think it is still a problem with
> just putting the addresses I want to reject in the access database?  The
> reason I would prefer that method is because the list of rejections is much
> smaller than the accept list, and the reject list does not change like the
> accept list does.
[snip]

Jeff,

  if you have sendmail configured to use virtusertables, then you could
put something like this in the virtusertables file:

bad_address at domain.tld	error: nouser "No such user here"

you'll have to check the docs for what the values of the error:
directive are for virtusertables, but that will probably do what you
want it to do.

alan