[Mimedefang] MD-Qurantine and admin notification problem

Rituraj Buddhisagar rituraj at pune.nevisnetworks.com
Thu Sep 15 10:14:43 EDT 2005

Hi All;

I have been using mimedefang on redhat9 for an year or so. I am very
satisfied with the results. I have now upgraded mimedefang box to fedora-4.
Mimedefang works perfectly(does its job of checking bad_ext/headers) but
the problem I am facing is that...but I do not get admin notifications.I
have comipiled mimedefang-2.52 and all other modules as per doc from
source. I get logs in /var/log/maillog saying "MDLOG..." but somehow I
feel action_notify_administrator is not getting called.

mailq -Ac shows nothing and I am getting other crontab mails generated
by the server to my mailbox - so there does not seem to be a problem
with clientqueue.
Also; mimedefang does not SAVE quarantined files in
/var/spool/MD-Quarantine. The permissions on it are

[root at mail log]# ls -ld /var/spool/MD-Quarantine
drwx------  2 defang defang 4096 Sep  2 15:47 /var/spool/MD-Quarantine
[root at mail log]# ls -ld /var/spool/MIMEDefang
drwx------  5 defang defang 4096 Sep 15 19:38 /var/spool/MIMEDefang

I have checked the configuration and it is same as earlier RH9 box -
/etc/sysconfig/mimedefang,/etc/mail/mimedefang-filter,/usr/local/bin/mimedefang.pl
customizations are same.

Any pointers?

Regards;
Rituraj