[Mimedefang] Solaris 10 and libmilter.a

Andrew Watkins andrew at dcs.bbk.ac.uk
Wed Sep 14 08:27:38 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have been away from this list for a while, but not the software.

I Know that Solaris 10 now comes with Sendmail 8.13.4 and Milter files
included, but does not include a "libmilter.a" file.

Is there any way to compile the mimedefang so that it can use libmilter.so
which does come with solaris and not the libmilter.a. I guess there is a
reason Sun does not provide this, so I guess there is no reason for me to
ask Sun about it.

As always I can go back to downloading it from www.sendmail.org, but it
would be nice to miss a few steps in the install process.

Thanks

Andrew

Unix Administrator                           tel: 020-7631 6720
Computer Science Department                  fax: 020-7631 6727
Birkbeck College (University of London)
Malet Street
London                                       e-mail: andrew at dcs.bbk.ac.uk
WC1E 7HX                                     http://www.dcs.bbk.ac.uk/~andrew