[Mimedefang] MX -> 127.0.0.1

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Tue Sep 13 17:36:14 EDT 2005

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com wrote:

> Also, this case
> http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20040412/069931.html
> is rapidly falling out of favor.  In fact, ibase.com has fixed that somewhat.
>
> I'm worried in particular about the novice Exchange admin who has misconfigured his Active Directory DNS records.

WOW what a weird set of records...

Definitely a novice admin... most likely MCSE certified. ;)

Seriously, we see this and wonder why when the IT world underpays for real
talent like it does?

The dichotomy is: "It's windows, it's so easy to use because it's graphical and
your secretary likes it" while also saying you need an MCSE to really know how
to use windows cause apparently it's that complex....

Well which is it Mr. Gates? Complex or easy? ;)

So what the employer doesn't understand is that the concepts are hard, no matter
what OS you're running it on - thus, you can't scale pay like your secretary
could run your network services.

I love metaphors:

It's like building an F16 by microsoft, putting a novice pilot in it and saying
"it'll be ok - they'll do fine - there's only one big pretty red button in the
cockpit labeled *kill bad guys*"