[Mimedefang] MX -> 127.0.0.1

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Sep 13 16:31:30 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 14:28, Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com wrote:

> > Anyone who has gone to the trouble of poisoning public DNS with an
> > MX that ends up at 127.0.0.1 really doesn't want that bounce back
> > so I think we can assume they won't make an extra effort to make it
> > work from certain machines.  Or, they just want to cause trouble
> > for others and it becomes your choice to help them or not.
>
> Maybe they put it in by mistake.  Bouncing at least gives them a hint.

Am I supposed to believe that someone who sets up:

liyuanculture.com       mail exchanger = 10 nullmx.liyuanculture.com.
and
Name:   nullmx.liyuanculture.com
Address: 127.0.0.1

did it accidentally, yet they might have a private DNS that works
correctly and that user zqy152214 at liyuanculture.com really cares
about getting that notification message even if were possible
to deliver it?

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com