[Mimedefang] MX -> 127.0.0.1

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Mon Sep 12 15:45:50 EDT 2005

--On Monday, September 12, 2005 3:06 PM -0400 "Kevin A. McGrail"
<kmcgrail at pccc.com> wrote:

> However, it's missing the issue that while CNAMEs are not RFC compliant,
> people do use them.  And I also found a bug where the MX resolution is
> supposed to be returned in preference order but it doesn't seem to be done
> so in reality.

Good catches. It was originally coded just to check for existence (so no
need for priority), with the assumption that I had control over all
participants' DNS (so no need for the CNAME check). Adding those features
would certainly make the code more generally useful.