[Mimedefang] MX -> 127.0.0.1

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Mon Sep 12 14:50:21 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-12 at 13:34, Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com wrote:
> KAM wrote:
> > Sorry, not paying enough attention. I have to resolve the exchanges
> > first. New version in a moment.
>
> Have you seen this code:
>
> http://www.mimedefang.org/kwiki/index.cgi?CheckForMX
>
> Perhaps this wiki page is not sufficiently generalized, as this is another use of some of that code?

Time for another philosophical discussion about how to dispose of the
problematic messages...  The 'downstream' site where I'm forwarding for
a lot of users is doing this check and giving me a 451 temp failure
which backs up my queue and builds up delays for good mail.  Is there
any reason to think that assigning an mx of 127.0.0.1 or 0.0.0.0 might
be a temporary mistake?  Obviously a bounce is going to do the wrong
thing even if we push it back to the upstream relay with a 5xx response.

--
   Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com