[Mimedefang] MX -> 127.0.0.1

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Sun Sep 11 14:40:04 EDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-11 at 13:01, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:
> Joseph,
>
> This looks like a good idea! Where (which routine) did you add this to your
> relay? filter_end?
>
> Also, does this stop people from using sendmail directly to send email or
> the few local users who might send mail with mutt or pine?
>

> > We've been doing this for quite a while:
> >
> >         if ($RelayHostname eq "localhost") {
> >             md_graphdefang_log('bounce',"PTR_to_localhost",$RelayAddr);
> >             action_bounce("You are not localhost");
> >             return action_discard();
> >         }
> >
> >         if ($Helo eq "localhost") {
> >             md_graphdefang_log('bounce',"HELO_localhost",$RelayAddr);
> >             action_bounce("You are not me");
> >             return action_discard();
> >         }

Also does this actually do the MX lookup?  The ones I'm getting
have reasonable looking names and you don't see the problem
until you follow the MX record and find the IP address is
127.0.0.1, 0.0.0.0 or something equally crazy.  I have
sendmail set to reject if the sending domain doesn't resolve,
but it doesn't care about the IP value.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com