[Mimedefang] Allowing Users to get Quarantined Email fromRelayServer

Paul Murphy pjm at ousekjarr.org
Sun Sep 11 11:55:24 EDT 2005

> Al Sparks wrote:
> > However, the desktop folks now want to quarantine the spam
> instead of
> > bouncing it, and have a mechanism that a user/customer can grab that
> > quarantined spam.
>
> How about this
> http://www.mimedefang.org/kwiki/index.cgi?QuarantineManager

You'd have to modify my scripts somewhat to restrict access to the quarantine
folder display to messages which had the current browser user in the
recipient list, which would be messy.

Perhaps a better approach would be to replace the quarantine message with an
HTML message containing a form which says

"Your message was quarantined for the following reasons:  a/b/c

To release this message from quarantine, click release:	<release button>
To delete this message, click delete:	<delete button>
To refer it to support for examination, click Support:	<support button>"

However, this requires a web CGI script to process the form, and potentially
has to support plain text mail clients, so you're into a whole new ball game.

Can-It Pro is a better way to go for commercial use, rather than writing your
own system.

Best Wishes,

Paul.