[Mimedefang] Re: "Please try again later"

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Sat Sep 10 20:47:43 EDT 2005

John Rudd wrote:

> Hm.  Well, maybe not.  After adjusting that to 20 and 15, that's not
> really helping.

We'd have to see some log messages to figure out why there's an overload,
if in fact load is the issue.

> I'm thinking it might be that we run our front line mail servers on
> tiny/hold hardware (sunblade 150's and sunfire v100's, 2 of each, and so
> far I had only installed this on one of the sunblades).

Yep; that's pretty old hardware.  As much as I love Sun, the sad fact
is that commodity Intel hardware running Linux or FreeBSD beats the
pants off SPARC hardware, at a fraction of the price.

What's your daily mail volume?