[Mimedefang] MX -> 127.0.0.1

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Fri Sep 9 19:18:44 EDT 2005

Les Mikesell wrote:
> I think I've seen this mentioned before but can't find the answer.
> I'm getting a bunch of spam where the sender MX ends up pointing to
> 127.0.0.1 or 0.0.0.0.  Is there a way to reject this quickly?  Not
> only is there the obvious problem of a bounce, but many of the
> destination users have moved and I'm forwarding to a box that does
> detect this problem but does a "450 Domain in reverse-path
> <chaifai at flashmail.net> resolves to an invalid IP address" temp_fail
> so even the ones with valid recipients are backing up in my queue.

Sounds like something that could be done by using the GetDomainMXAddresses function here:
http://www.mimedefang.org/kwiki/index.cgi?CheckForMX

And then comparing the MX records to forbidden/private ranges like 0./8, 10./8, 255./8, multicast, etc., etc.

--
Matthew.van.Eerde (at) hbinc.com               805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com       Software Engineer