[Mimedefang] Cannot mkdir(Work)

Scott Wunsch mimedefang-list at tr.wunsch.org
Fri Sep 9 16:50:32 EDT 2005

Hi folks,

I've had MIMEDefang running happily on Red Hat 9 for a couple years now.
Recently, I decided it was well past time to upgrade the machines, and
upgraded them to Mandriva 10.2.  I also upgraded from MIMEDefang 2.49 to
2.52 at the same time, and I've since upgraded again to 2.53.

Since the upgrade to Mandriva 10.2, when I first fire up MIMEDefang and
Sendmail, everything works fine for almost two minutes... and then I
start getting piles of these errors in my logs:

 Sep  9 14:45:00 servername mimedefang.pl[18805]: j89KivVZ019522: Cannot mkdir(Work): No such file or directory
 Sep  9 14:45:01 servername mimedefang[18824]: Error from multiplexor: error: j89KivVZ019522: Cannot mkdir(Work): No such file or directory

Some messages go through just fine.  Others will get that error... and
after you retry enough times, one time it'll actually work.  The end
result, of course, is massive delays on delivery time, which is not
exactly desirable.

Does anybody have any idea what might cause this error?  Did I miss
something in the setup?  /var/spool/mimedefang is a tmpfs RAMdisk, if
that makes any difference.

--
Take care,
Scott \\'unsch

... Maybe the leaning tower of Pisa is just being italic?